St. Anthony Main
219 Main Street SE, Suite 302
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55414
Do you have a passion for working in IT and enjoy being in charge of a small company’s infrastructure? Do you like wearing different hats and being the go-to for creative solutions to any technical problem?
Professional Data Analysts is a statistical consulting company with over 20 employees that works with departments of health in states across the country to evaluate public health programs. Our company is made up of statisticians, evaluators, web developers, and analysts and now we’re looking to add a dedicated IT Manager to oversee our infrastructure. We currently have an outside company assist with managing our many servers but have decided it is time to have someone in-house managing our IT infrastructure. The IT Manager will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure inside our company. This person will assist staff with technical issues and help plan for future needs as our company grows. We have a laidback and casual atmosphere and are looking for a passionate person who loves computers, servers and technology and is excited about having a leadership role. This person will have an opportunity to manage a wide variety of leading-edge hardware and software that would be rare at a larger company.
- Manage an Active Directory network with mostly virtual Windows servers no older than 2008 R2
- Install, configure, and maintain network hardware such as switches, routers, firewalls, etc…
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
- Manage an enterprise quality SAN solution
- Manage a large virtual infrastructure with VMWare ESXi hosts and virtual machines
- Help to maintain and further develop backup and disaster recovery strategies involving a co-location and scheduled redundant backups using SQL Server and backup software solutions including VEEAM and BackupExec
- Manage Active Directory users, computers, group policies
- Develop and maintain installation, configuration and operational procedures
- Deploy new workstations, servers, printers, and scanners
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases
- 2-4 years system administration and IT management experience
- Working technical knowledge of Windows Server 2008 R2 and newer
- Working technical knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and IIS configurations
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work as part of a team or to be self-directed as required
PDA offers a competitive benefits package and is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We also have a strong commitment to sustainability and operate according to a triple bottom line. To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must include why you are excited to work with our team. This position is only available in the Twin Cities. Please note: Only inquiries submitted through the above email address will be reviewed. Please do not call or fax our office.
Please note: Only inquiries submitted through the above email address will be reviewed. Please do not call or fax our office.
It is the policy of Professional Data Analysts, Inc. to ensure equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable federal regulations and guidelines. Employment discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), national origin, disability, age (40 years old or more), military status, or veteran status is illegal. It is the policy of Professional Data Analysts, Inc. to prohibit employment discrimination under any consideration prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law or any other factor determined to be an unlawful basis for such decisions by federal, state, or local statutes.