St. Anthony Main
219 Main Street SE, Suite 302
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55414
Do you strive to find creative, effective ways to meet the needs of evaluation clients and stakeholders? Do you enjoy working both independently and as part of a team? Are you a self-starter that can effectively manage multiple, competing demands? Do you have a knack for attention to detail?
Professional Data Analysts, Inc. (PDA) is an independent evaluation and statistical consulting company that works primarily with departments of health in states across the country to evaluate public health programs. Our company is made up of evaluators, statisticians, and developers and we are now looking to add a new associate evaluator to our team. This is a mid-level position that would take on roles in multiple projects relating to tobacco control and other public health initiatives. We conduct formative and summative evaluations for both program improvement and accountability purposes, and the successful candidate would need to have experience in such.
We are looking for a creative, collaborative, and detail-oriented evaluator to support our current projects; we currently have multiple projects with clients in six states. Strong candidates will have a demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks effectively within the context of complex projects, which often have multiple and shifting priorities. The nature of the work in which you would be engaged may cover the full needs of a client, including developing evaluation plans and logic models, creating data collection instruments, analyzing and interpreting evaluation results, and effectively and efficiently reporting findings to clients and other stakeholders.
PDA offers a competitive benefits package and is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We also have a strong commitment to sustainability and operate according to a triple bottom line. To apply, please submit your cover letter, a writing sample, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Only inquiries submitted through the above email address will be reviewed. Please do not call or fax our office.
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and management of evaluations, under the leadership of senior evaluation staff
- Strong writing and analytical skills, with ability to contribute to written reports, conduct literature reviews, and to contribute to other disseminated documents
- Create or adapt data collection tools and protocols
- Monitor and coordinate data collection, conduct interviews, and conduct site visits
- Analyze data, collaborate with our statisticians, and interpret results
- Prepare and facilitate meetings and present findings to clients
It is the policy of Professional Data Analysts, Inc. to ensure equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable federal regulations and guidelines. Employment discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), national origin, disability, age (40 years old or more), military status, or veteran status is illegal. It is the policy of Professional Data Analysts, Inc. to prohibit employment discrimination under any consideration prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law or any other factor determined to be an unlawful basis for such decisions by federal, state, or local statutes.
- Master’s degree with at least 1 year program evaluation experience OR a bachelor’s degree with 2 + years of program evaluation experience
- Experience analyzing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including writing in a concise and clear manner for a variety of audiences
- Experience with survey design, administration, and management
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize competing demands
- Tireless attention to detail
- Background in public health