St. Anthony Main
219 Main Street SE, Suite 302
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55414
Are you a driven, conscientious, experienced evaluator looking to continue or expand your work in evaluating public health initiatives? Are you a reflective practitioner who can effectively apply research and evaluation concepts and approaches in a meaningful way? Do you enjoy using quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods approaches in your work? Are you skilled at identifying the resources needed for a project and managing a team to produce results that are useful and accurate?
Founded in 1980, Professional Data Analysts, Inc. (PDA) is an independent evaluation consulting company with over 20 employees that works primarily with departments of health in states across the country to evaluate public health programs. This is a senior level position that would take on Principal Investigator and Project Management responsibilities on evaluation and research projects in tobacco control, obesity prevention, healthy eating, chronic disease, systems change, health disparities, and other public health topics. You would join a team committed to conducting utilization-focused evaluations tailored to the needs of our clients. PDA offers a collaborative work environment that fosters professional growth and supports staff participation across the different stages of evaluation, such as planning, data collection, data analysis, and reporting of results, both written and orally.
PDA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We offer a competitive compensation package, including benefits like paid parental leave and disability insurance. We have a strong commitment to sustainability and operate according to a triple bottom line. To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Only inquiries submitted through the above email address will be reviewed. Please do not call or fax our office.
- Design, implement, and oversee evaluations through project closure
- Use strong and versatile writing and analytical skills to write proposals, reports, and manuscripts
- Create or adapt data collection tools and protocols
- Monitor and coordinate data collection, conduct interviews, and do site visits
- Run meetings and present findings to clients
- Supervise and manage staff
- Some travel, as needed, to conduct site visits, collect data for out-of-state clients, or to present at conferences
It is the policy of Professional Data Analysts, Inc. to ensure equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable federal regulations and guidelines. Employment discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), national origin, disability, age (40 years old or more), military status, or veteran status is illegal. It is the policy of Professional Data Analysts, Inc. to prohibit employment discrimination under any consideration prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law or any other factor determined to be an unlawful basis for such decisions by federal, state, or local statutes.
- Master’s degree with 3 + years of program evaluation or research experience (PhD preferred)
- Experience designing and leading evaluations or research projects
- Experience reporting on qualitative and quantitative data, as well as mixed methods approaches
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including writing in a concise and clear manner for a variety of audiences
- Interpersonal and facilitation skills, specifically client and team management skills
- Excellent project management skills, particularly the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize competing demands
- Must be willing to live within or nearby the Twin Cities, Minnesota.