Are you tech-savvy and interested in working on web applications that are used for data collection, research, and public health? This is your opportunity to make a difference while growing your professional skills! Work for an independent consulting company with exceptional benefits, competitive compensation, and a focus on sustainability.
We are seeking a tenacious problem solver with strong analytical skills to support our development team in constantly improving our web applications. In this position, you will elicit business requirements, document requirements, and help to ensure quality software is developed. Writing and communication skills are essential.
Business Analysis (80%)
- Work with product owner and Sr. Business Analyst to understand business needs
- Document business requirements for software enhancements and bug fixes
- Create mock-ups for suggested user interface changes
- Work collaboratively within the development team to create solutions
- Suggest enhancements to software to improve the user experience
Quality Assurance (20%)
- Create test cases/scenarios and conduct testing
- Perform regression testing
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
- 1-3 years of relevant internship or professional experience
- Ability to work as part of a team or be self-directed as required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate across both verbal and written platforms
- Passion for quality and great attention to detail
- Familiarity with SQL
Founded in 1984, Professional Data Analysts (PDA) is a Certified B Corporation with over 25 employees whose mission is to create positive social impact by providing tailored data-centric solutions that move public health initiatives forward. We offer a competitive compensation package, including benefits like paid parental leave and disability insurance. We have a flexible work environment and dog-friendly office. PDA also has a strong commitment to improving our community and minimizing our environmental impact. PDA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Posted date: November 2019
It is the policy of Professional Data Analysts to ensure equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable federal regulations and guidelines. Employment discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), national origin, disability, age (40 years old or more), military status, or veteran status is illegal. It is the policy of Professional Data Analysts to prohibit employment discrimination under any consideration prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law or any other factor determined to be an unlawful basis for such decisions by federal, state, or local statutes.
Our dedicated and talented team is united by our common desire to improve communities.
Senior Business Analyst II
Senior Software Developer II
Senior Software Developer II
Software Developer I