Do you have a passion for technology? Would you enjoy helping turn requests to build or change web applications into a reality? PDA creates and maintains web applications that are used for data collection, research, and public health. This is your opportunity to make a difference while growing your professional skills! Work for an independent consulting company with exceptional benefits, competitive compensation, and a focus on sustainability.
We are seeking a tenacious problem solver with strong writing and analytical skills to support our development team in constantly improving our web applications. In this position, you will collect and document business needs by writing detailed documentation that is used by Software Developers to build quality software. Writing and communication skills are essential.
We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 and plan to return to the office when we feel safe working inside together. Given our remote work, we are accepting applications from individuals outside of the Twin Cities metro area but expect that you’ll move to this area once it is safe to do so.
Business Analysis (80%)
- Work with the web development team to understand business needs
- Document business needs for Developers to use in building software and functionality changes
- Create mock-ups for suggested user interface changes
- Work collaboratively within the development team to create solutions
- Suggest enhancements to software to improve the user experience
Quality Assurance (20%)
- Test software to find bugs
- Perform regression testing
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
- 3 plus years of relevant professional experience in a technical role
- Affinity for technical writing
- Passion for technology and web development
- Ability to work as part of a team or be self-directed as required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate across both verbal and written platforms
- Passion for quality and great attention to detail
Founded in 1984, Professional Data Analysts (PDA) is a Certified B Corporation with over 30 employees whose mission is to create positive social impact by providing tailored data-centric solutions that move public health initiatives forward. We have a flexible work environment and dog-friendly office. PDA also has a strong commitment to improving our community and minimizing our environmental impact. PDA is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce and fostering an inclusive environment where every individual has the resources and opportunities they need to grow, thrive, and succeed.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to promote equity and ensure a fair application process, we’re upfront about what we’re looking for. Check out our application criteria.
Posted date: November 2020
It is the policy of Professional Data Analysts to ensure equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable federal regulations and guidelines. Employment discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), national origin, disability, age (40 years old or more), military status, or veteran status is illegal. It is the policy of Professional Data Analysts to prohibit employment discrimination under any consideration prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law or any other factor determined to be an unlawful basis for such decisions by federal, state, or local statutes.
Our dedicated and talented team is united by our common desire to improve communities.
Senior Business Analyst II
Senior Software Developer II
Senior Software Developer II
Software Developer II