We’re seeking a motivated, detail-oriented person to support our evaluation and research projects. This is a great opportunity to grow your skills while contributing to work that makes a positive impact. Join an independent evaluation consulting company with exceptional benefits, competitive compensation, and a focus on sustainability.
We’re seeking a Business Manager to work with Project Managers across projects to ensure projects stay on track and on budget. You will take part in building systems and processes to better track project deadlines, contract renewals, budgets, and profitability. This position reports to the Director of Operations and Human Resources. You’ll also assist the Bookkeeper with financial reporting and work closely with the President and Vice President.
- Prepare, manage, submit, and track invoices
- Support project budget development and monitor billable hours against project budgets
- Use Microsoft Excel to create invoicing templates and profitability reports
- Create, use, and maintain tools and templates for status reporting, capacity planning, budgeting, and invoicing
- Coordinate activities, resources, schedules, and information sharing
- Communicate project status effectively and in a timely manner to all levels of management
- Collaborate with management to understand and support their project needs, timelines, and budgets, and reallocate resources as needed
- Communicate with clients about contracts, invoices, and payments
- Suggest and make process improvements
- Work with project teams to identify and define project requirements, scope, and objectives
- Ensure project needs are met throughout the project life cycle and projects are staffed appropriately
- Assist in the preparation of project proposals, time frames, schedule, and budget
- Perform other duties, projects, and special functions as requested
- 3+ years of business experience to include budgeting, forecasting, project management, capacity planning, business analysis, process development, and/or other relevant tasks
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Financial reporting experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan, execute, and record
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- QuickBooks or other financial software experience is a plus
Founded in 1984, Professional Data Analysts (PDA) is a Certified B Corporation with over 40 employees whose mission is to create positive social impact by providing tailored data-centric solutions that move public health initiatives forward. We offer a competitive compensation package, including benefits like paid parental leave and disability insurance. We have a flexible work environment and dog-friendly office. PDA also has a strong commitment to improving our community and minimizing our environmental impact. PDA is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce and fostering an inclusive environment where every individual has the resources and opportunities they need to grow, thrive, and succeed.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to Kelly Laurel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Because it’s essential to have a variety of identities and voices contributing to our work, we welcome people of color, LGB+ individuals, people with disabilities, and members of ethnic minorities to apply. In order to promote equity and ensure a fair application process, we’re upfront about what we’re looking for. Check out our application criteria.
Posted date: November 2021
It is the policy of Professional Data Analysts to ensure equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable federal regulations and guidelines. Employment discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age (40 years old or more), military status, or veteran status is illegal. It is the policy of Professional Data Analysts to prohibit employment discrimination under any consideration prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law or any other factor determined to be an unlawful basis for such decisions by federal, state, or local statutes.
Our dedicated and talented team is united by our common desire to improve communities.
Liz Anderson Willey
Director of Evaluation
Senior Evaluator I