Do you love Excel and numbers? Can you also work well with others, be flexible, and get creative? You might be the motivated, detail-oriented person we’re looking for to support our evaluation and research projects. Our work makes a positive impact on individuals and communities, plus we’re focused on continuous learning, so you’ll be challenged and get to keep growing your skills. On top of that, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive compensation, and a dose of fun.
We’re seeking a Finance Manager to work with Project Managers to ensure projects stay on track and on budget. We’re a small, growing company that needs your help to add more structure and build better processes for tracking project deadlines, contract renewals, budgets, and profitability. You’ll get to work directly with the CEO and VP, while reporting to the Director of Operations and HR.
- Take ownership of invoices
- Help project managers develop their project budgets and monitor billable hours against those budgets
- Flex your Microsoft Excel skills to create invoicing templates and profitability reports that are easy to read and use
- Build tools and templates for status reporting, capacity planning, budgeting, and invoicing
- Use your communication skills to keep everyone in the loop and make sure resources and time are well allocated and projects are staffed appropriately
- Communicate with clients about contracts, invoices, and payments
- Strive to improve our processes
- Work with the Bookkeeper to deliver financial reporting that’s useful
- 3+ years of business experience to include budgeting, forecasting, project management, capacity planning, business analysis, process development, and/or other relevant tasks
- Microsoft Excel mastery
- Financial reporting experience
- Stellar communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan, execute, and record
- Lover of details and accuracy
- QuickBooks or other financial software experience is a plus
- Experience working in a small business is preferred
Founded in 1984, Professional Data Analysts (PDA) is a Certified B Corporation with over 40 employees whose mission is to create positive social impact by providing tailored data-centric solutions that move public health initiatives forward. We offer a competitive compensation package, including benefits like paid parental leave and disability insurance. We have a flexible work environment and dog-friendly office. PDA also has a strong commitment to improving our community and minimizing our environmental impact. PDA is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce and fostering an inclusive environment where every individual has the resources and opportunities they need to grow, thrive, and succeed.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to Kelly Laurel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Because it’s essential to have a variety of identities and voices contributing to our work, we welcome people of color, LGB+ individuals, people with disabilities, and members of ethnic minorities to apply. In order to promote equity and ensure a fair application process, we’re upfront about what we’re looking for. Check out our application criteria.
Posted date: December 2021
It is the policy of Professional Data Analysts to ensure equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable federal regulations and guidelines. Employment discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age (40 years old or more), military status, or veteran status is illegal. It is the policy of Professional Data Analysts to prohibit employment discrimination under any consideration prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law or any other factor determined to be an unlawful basis for such decisions by federal, state, or local statutes.
Our dedicated and talented team is united by our common desire to improve communities.
Senior Evaluator I
Senior Evaluator II
Senior Health Communications Researcher I
Senior Evaluator I