PDA is proud to offer a paid internship program that provides an opportunity to build foundational skills and competencies in program evaluation. This is an exciting opportunity to gain hands-on experience evaluating statewide and community programs in public health areas like tobacco cessation and chronic disease. You’ll enjoy our laid back work environment and commitment to sustainability and creating positive social impact.
Hours for this position are flexible but will average 10-20 hours per week.
Examples of Responsibilities
- Support PDA’s evaluation projects
- Become familiar with program evaluation, the evaluation of public health initiatives, and other areas relevant to PDA’s work
- Assist in writing proposals and reports
- Conduct literature reviews
- Assist in evaluation planning and design
- Create or adapt data collection tools and protocols
- Participate in and monitor data collection
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s degree program or recent Master’s graduate with coursework in evaluation and/or research methods
- Excellent writing and oral communication
- Interest in evaluation
- Interest in public health, including tobacco control, chronic disease, or behavioral health
- Experience analyzing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience in survey design and administration
- Experience in evaluation
- Background in public health, including tobacco control, chronic disease, or behavioral health research
Founded in 1984, Professional Data Analysts (PDA) is a Certified B Corporation with over 30 employees whose mission is to create positive social impact by providing tailored data-centric solutions that move public health initiatives forward. We offer a competitive compensation package, including benefits like paid parental leave and disability insurance. We have a flexible work environment and dog-friendly office. PDA also has a strong commitment to improving our community and minimizing our environmental impact. PDA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Posted date: July 2020
It is the policy of Professional Data Analysts to ensure equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable federal regulations and guidelines. Employment discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), national origin, disability, age (40 years old or more), military status, or veteran status is illegal. It is the policy of Professional Data Analysts to prohibit employment discrimination under any consideration prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law or any other factor determined to be an unlawful basis for such decisions by federal, state, or local statutes.
Our dedicated and talented team is united by our common desire to improve communities.
Director of Evaluation
Senior Evaluator I