PDA is proud to offer a paid internship program that provides an opportunity to build foundational skills and competencies in program evaluation. This is an exciting opportunity to gain hands-on experience evaluating statewide and community programs in public health areas like tobacco cessation and chronic disease. You’ll enjoy our dog-friendly, laid back work environment where we are committed to sustainability and creating positive social impact.
Examples of Responsibilities
- Support PDA’s evaluation projects
- Become familiar with program evaluation, the evaluation of public health initiatives, and other areas relevant to PDA’s work
- Assist in writing proposals and reports
- Conduct literature reviews
- Assist in evaluation planning and design
- Create or adapt data collection tools and protocols
- Participate in and monitor data collection
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s degree program or recent Master’s graduate with coursework in evaluation and/or research methods
- Excellent writing and oral communication
- Interest in evaluation
- Interest in public health, including tobacco control, chronic disease, or behavioral health
- Experience analyzing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience in survey design and administration
- Experience in evaluation
- Background in public health, including tobacco control, chronic disease, or behavioral health research
Founded in 1984, Professional Data Analysts, Inc. (PDA) is an independent evaluation consulting company with over 25 employees that works primarily with departments of health in states across the country to evaluate public health programs. PDA offers a collaborative work environment that fosters professional growth and supports staff participation across the different stages of evaluation, such as planning, data collection, data analysis, and reporting of results, both written and orally. PDA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We offer a competitive compensation package, including benefits like paid parental leave and disability insurance. We have a flexible work environment and dog-friendly office. PDA also has a strong commitment to sustainability and operates according to a triple bottom line.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted date: March 2019
Our dedicated and talented team is united by our common desire to improve communities.
Emily Subialka Nowariak
Senior Evaluator II
Senior Evaluator II
Senior Evaluator I
Melissa Chapman Haynes
Director of Evaluation