Are you a driven, conscientious evaluator looking for part or full-time work evaluating public health communications initiatives? This is your opportunity to make a difference! Work for an independent evaluation consulting company with competitive compensation and a focus on sustainability.
We are seeking a Health Communication Evaluator to evaluate mass media health communication initiatives, with a particular focus on tobacco use prevention and cessation. We would consider a part-time position (approximately 20 hours per week) or a full-time candidate who could support multiple projects. Join a dedicated team of evaluators and analysts who are committed to conducting utilization-focused evaluations tailored to the needs of our clients.
We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 and plan to return to the office in 2021 or when we feel safe working inside together. Given our remote work, we are accepting applications from individuals outside of the Twin Cities metro area but expect that you’ll move to this area once it is safe to do so.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of public health campaign evaluations
- Use strong and versatile writing and analytical skills to write proposals, reports, and manuscripts
- Create or adapt data collection tools and protocols
- Monitor and coordinate data collection
- Analyze data and interpret results
- Lead or participate in client meetings
- Master’s degree or PhD with at least 3 years of experience evaluating health communications OR a bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of experience
- Experience with formative and summative evaluation
- Experience evaluating a variety of promotion strategies (e.g. broadcast, digital, and paid and organic social media)
- Experience evaluating campaigns focused on youth prevention and campaigns focused on adult behavior change
- Familiarity with current and emerging health communication strategies and theories
- Excellent writing and oral communication
Founded in 1984, Professional Data Analysts (PDA) is a Certified B Corporation with over 30 employees whose mission is to create positive social impact by providing tailored data-centric solutions that move public health initiatives forward. We offer a competitive compensation package, including benefits like paid parental leave and disability insurance. We have a flexible work environment and dog-friendly office. PDA also has a strong commitment to improving our community and minimizing our environmental impact. PDA is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce and fostering an inclusive environment where every individual has the resources and opportunities they need to grow, thrive, and succeed.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to Kelly Laurel at email@example.com. In order to promote equity and ensure a fair application process, we’re upfront about what we’re looking for. Check out our application criteria.
Posted date: September 2020
It is the policy of Professional Data Analysts to ensure equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable federal regulations and guidelines. Employment discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), national origin, disability, age (40 years old or more), military status, or veteran status is illegal. It is the policy of Professional Data Analysts to prohibit employment discrimination under any consideration prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law or any other factor determined to be an unlawful basis for such decisions by federal, state, or local statutes.
Our dedicated and talented team is united by our common desire to improve communities.
Emily Subialka Nowariak
Senior Evaluator II
Senior Evaluator I
Senior Evaluator I