Our evaluation team is continuing to grow and this is your opportunity to make a difference! Work for an independent evaluation consulting company with exceptional benefits and competitive compensation. Our office is located in Northeast Minneapolis near the vibrant art and theater scene, abundant parks and lakes, shopping, concerts, and so much more! We are currently accepting applications from candidates outside of the Twin Cities who can work remotely, as well as local candidates who may work in our office or remotely.
Professional Data Analysts (PDA) is currently seeking evaluators to support and lead evaluation projects in tobacco control, chronic disease, behavioral health, and other public health topics. We have multiple open positions, from mid-level to Senior, and will consider applicants for the appropriate position based on their experience. These are full-time positions (32 to 40 hours per week). Successful candidates will join a dedicated team of evaluators and statisticians who are committed to conducting utilization-focused evaluations tailored to the needs of our clients. PDA values a collaborative work environment that fosters professional growth and supports staff participation across the different stages of evaluation, such as planning, data collection, data analysis, reporting, and presenting.
At PDA, you will effectively apply research and evaluation concepts in a meaningful way using quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods approaches. Senior-level evaluators will spend a significant portion of their time on principal investigator and/or project management responsibilities.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of evaluations
- Use strong and versatile writing and analytical skills to write proposals, reports, and manuscripts
- Create or adapt data collection tools and protocols
- Monitor and coordinate data collection, conduct interviews, and do site visits
- Analyze data and interpret results
- Lead or participate in client meetings
- Senior-level evaluators will manage project staff and may supervise direct reports
- Some travel may be required to conduct site visits with out-of-state clients or attend and present at conferences. Staff who are not local to our office will also be expected to visit the office periodically.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years of program evaluation experience, Master’s degree is preferred
- Experience working with qualitative and quantitative data
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to write in a concise and clear manner for a variety of audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with long-distance clients
- Experience with survey design and administration
- A strong tendency toward detail-orientation
- A background in public health, tobacco control, chronic disease, or behavioral health research is preferred
Additional Qualifications for Senior-level Evaluators
- Master’s degree, PhD, or equivalent work experience
- Experience designing and leading mixed methods evaluations
- Excellent project management skills, particularly the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize competing demands
- Experience managing project staff and/or supervising staff
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, PDA offers fair salaries that align with each individual’s skills and experience. PDA has four evaluator positions and within each position are two levels. Below are the minimum starting salaries for each position.
Assistant Evaluator I: $37,000
Associate Evaluator I: $46,000
Evaluator I: $56,000
Senior Evaluator I: $75,000
Senior Evaluator II: $81,000
Founded in 1984 and headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, Professional Data Analysts (PDA) is a Certified B Corporation with over 40 employees nationwide whose mission is to create positive social impact by providing tailored data-centric solutions that move public health initiatives forward. We have a flexible work environment and a dog-friendly office. PDA also has a strong commitment to improving our community and minimizing our environmental impact.
PDA is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every individual has the resources and opportunities they need to grow, thrive, and succeed. We are dedicated to adding more diverse voices to our growing team and providing professional development opportunities, internships, and recruitment practices that are focused on the BIPOC community.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to Kelly Laurel at email@example.com. Because it’s essential to have a variety of identities and voices contributing to our work, we welcome people of color, LGBTQ+ people, and people with disabilities to apply. In order to promote equity and ensure a fair application process, we’re upfront about what we’re looking for. Check out our application criteria.
Posted date: December 2023
It is the policy of Professional Data Analysts to ensure equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable federal regulations and guidelines. Employment discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age (40 years old or more), military status, or veteran status is illegal. It is the policy of Professional Data Analysts to prohibit employment discrimination under any consideration prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law or any other factor determined to be an unlawful basis for such decisions by federal, state, or local statutes.
Our dedicated and talented team is united by our common desire to improve communities.
Senior Evaluator I
Emily Subialka Nowariak
Associate Director of Evaluation