Our evaluation team is continuing to grow! This is your chance to work for an independent evaluation consulting company with exceptional benefits and competitive compensation. We are currently accepting applications from candidates anywhere in the US. Candidates local to the Twin Cities can work from our office in Northeast Minneapolis or work from home.
Professional Data Analysts (PDA) is seeking mixed methods researchers to participate in evaluation projects in tobacco control, chronic disease, behavioral health, and other public health topics. Successful candidates will join a dedicated team of evaluators, researchers, and statisticians who are committed to conducting utilization-focused evaluations tailored to the needs of our clients. PDA values a collaborative work environment that fosters professional growth and supports staff participation across the different stages of evaluation, such as planning, data collection, data analysis, reporting, and presenting.
At PDA, you will effectively apply research, data management, data analysis, and evaluation concepts in a meaningful way using quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods approaches.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of evaluations
- Collect, clean, and analyze quantitative and qualitative data and interpret results
- Use strong and versatile writing and analytical skills to contribute to reports and manuscripts
- Create or adapt data collection tools and protocols, such as surveys
- Monitor and coordinate data collection, conduct interviews, and do site visits
- Participate in client meetings
- Some travel may be required to conduct site visits with out-of-state clients or attend and present at conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years of program evaluation or research experience
- Experience working with qualitative and/or quantitative data
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to write in a concise and clear manner for a variety of audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with long-distance clients
- A strong tendency toward detail-orientation
- A background in public health, tobacco control, chronic disease, epidemiology or behavioral health research is preferred
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, PDA offers fair salaries that align with each individual’s skills and experience. Pay for the Public Health Researcher ranges from $56,000 to $75,000.
Founded in 1984 and headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, Professional Data Analysts (PDA) is a Certified B Corporation with over 40 employees nationwide whose mission is to create positive social impact by providing tailored data-centric solutions that move public health initiatives forward. We have a flexible work environment and a dog-friendly office. PDA also has a strong commitment to improving our community and minimizing our environmental impact.
PDA is an equal-opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every individual has the resources and opportunities they need to grow, thrive, and succeed. We are dedicated to adding more diverse voices to our growing team and providing professional development opportunities, internships, and recruitment practices that are focused on the BIPOC community.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to Kelly Laurel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Because it’s essential to have a variety of identities and voices contributing to our work, we welcome people of color, LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities, and members of ethnic minorities to apply. In order to promote equity and ensure a fair application process, we’re upfront about what we’re looking for. Check out our application criteria.
Posted date: February 2024
It is the policy of Professional Data Analysts to ensure equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable federal regulations and guidelines. Employment discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age (40 years old or more), military status, or veteran status is illegal. It is the policy of Professional Data Analysts to prohibit employment discrimination under any consideration prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law or any other factor determined to be an unlawful basis for such decisions by federal, state, or local statutes.
Our dedicated and talented team is united by our common desire to improve communities.
Senior Evaluator I
Emily Subialka Nowariak
Associate Director of Evaluation