Are you tech-savvy and interested in working on web applications that are used for public health initiatives? This is your opportunity to make a difference while growing your professional skills! Work for an independent consulting company with exceptional benefits, competitive compensation, and a focus on sustainability.
We are seeking a tenacious problem solver with strong analytical skills and exceptional writing skills to support our web development team in constantly improving web applications. In this position, you will elicit the desired outcomes of client requests, document requirements for programmers, and help to ensure quality software is developed. Writing and communication skills are essential.
Business Analysis (90%)
- Work with clients to understand business needs and the desired outcomes of web applications
- Accurately analyze and document the desired outcomes of client requests
- Document design requirements for software enhancements and bug fixes with minimal direction
- Work collaboratively within the development team to create solutions
- Continuously learn, adapt, and apply when encountering new challenges
- Mentor and direct non-senior BAs to understand business analysis and improve design documentation
- Participate in and occasionally lead internal strategy/planning meetings with the development team
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
- 4-7 years of experience in a BA or similar role in a web development environment
- Strong understanding of web technology concepts and basic understanding of common UI/UX concepts in the webspace
- Ability to work as part of a team and be self-directed as required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate across both verbal and written platforms
- Passion for quality and great attention to detail
- Comfortable learning and using new tools and technology
- Familiarity with SQL
Founded in 1984 and headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, Professional Data Analysts (PDA) is a Certified B Corporation with over 40 employees nationwide whose mission is to create positive social impact by providing tailored data-centric solutions that move public health initiatives forward. We offer a competitive compensation package, including benefits like paid parental leave and disability insurance. We have a flexible work environment and dog-friendly office. PDA also has a strong commitment to improving our community and minimizing our environmental impact. PDA is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce and fostering an inclusive environment where every individual has the resources and opportunities they need to grow, thrive, and succeed.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to Kelly Laurel at email@example.com. Because it’s essential to have a variety of identities and voices contributing to our work, we welcome people of color, LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities, and members of ethnic minorities to apply. In order to promote equity and ensure a fair application process, we’re upfront about what we’re looking for. Check out our application criteria.
Posted date: December 2022
It is the policy of Professional Data Analysts to ensure equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable federal regulations and guidelines. Employment discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age (40 years old or more), military status, or veteran status is illegal. It is the policy of Professional Data Analysts to prohibit employment discrimination under any consideration prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law or any other factor determined to be an unlawful basis for such decisions by federal, state, or local statutes.
Our dedicated and talented team is united by our common desire to improve communities.
Director of Software Development
Senior Project Manager II
Senior Developer I
Chief Software Architect