Are you an experienced Data Analyst or Statistician with an interest in public health? Do you crave variety in your work and opportunities to make an impact? We are seeking a Senior Data Analyst to support our evaluation and research projects. You’ll work with a team of analysts, statisticians, and evaluators on tobacco control, chronic disease, and behavioral health projects. You’ll use your SAS, Python, or R skills in quantitative data analysis and data management to prepare and analyze data that contribute to high-quality deliverables (e.g., reports, presentations, and peer-reviewed manuscripts).
This is a full-time position (32 to 40 hours per week) with benefits. We are accepting applications from out-of-state candidates who wish to work remotely, as well as Twin Cities-based candidates who will have the option to work in our Minneapolis office or work remotely.
- Process, review, extract, and analyze data from a variety of data sources.
- Create reports used to identify data issues and anomalies. Effectively communicate issues and data limitations.
- Analyze data to ensure accuracy and quality. Track and verify all reporting statistics and/or metrics.
- Develop complex analysis and sophisticated data compilation, verification, and interpretations to guide evaluation, research, and internal operations.
- Maintain documentation including codebooks, processes, data anomalies, and coding decisions.
- Produce annotated summaries that are easy to interpret and appropriate for the audience.
- Produce quality data visualizations to support findings (e.g. charts, figures, tables).
- Present results directly to internal and external teams.
- Solicit, analyze, and understand data requirements (i.e., using market research, public datasets, requirements gathering, feature planning, user experience/design considerations, etc.) to support the development of data analysis plans.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Business, or other related field
- 6+ years of relevant work experience
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Fluent in SAS, R, or Python
- Data management experience
- Experience interpreting and effectively communicating results
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, PDA offers fair salaries that align with each individual’s skills and experience.
Founded in 1984, Professional Data Analysts (PDA) is a Certified B Corporation with over 40 employees whose mission is to create positive social impact by providing tailored data-centric solutions that move public health initiatives forward. We offer a competitive compensation package, including benefits like paid parental leave and disability insurance. We have a flexible work environment and a dog-friendly office. PDA also has a strong commitment to improving our community and minimizing our environmental impact. PDA is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every individual has the resources and opportunities they need to grow, thrive, and succeed. We are dedicated to adding more diverse voices to our growing team and providing professional development opportunities, internships, and recruitment practices that are focused on the BIPOC community.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to Kelly Laurel at email@example.com. Because it’s essential to have a variety of identities and voices contributing to our work, we welcome people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, and members of ethnic minorities to apply. In order to promote equity and ensure a fair application process, we’re upfront about what we’re looking for. Check out our application criteria.
Posted date: September 2023
It is the policy of Professional Data Analysts to ensure equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable federal regulations and guidelines. Employment discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age (40 years old or more), military status, or veteran status is illegal. It is the policy of Professional Data Analysts to prohibit employment discrimination under any consideration prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law or any other factor determined to be an unlawful basis for such decisions by federal, state, or local statutes.
Our dedicated and talented team is united by our common desire to improve communities.
Senior Statistician I
Associate Analyst II
Associate Analyst II