Are you a conscientious, skilled evaluator with experience advancing equity goals? This is your opportunity to make a difference! Work for an independent evaluation consulting company with exceptional benefits, competitive compensation, and a focus on sustainability.
PDA is committed to evaluating and improving its equity practices internally as a company and externally with clients. Over the past few years, we have been actively working to become more equitable and inclusive. We underwent an equity audit on our internal practices and are currently implementing many of the audit recommendations while also beginning company-wide DEI trainings and working on our internal strategy. This senior-level position will work across project teams and departments to consult and build strategies to advance equity initiatives on client projects in tobacco control, obesity prevention, healthy eating, chronic disease, systems change, health disparities, media, and other public health topics, while also supporting our internal DEI efforts. You will join a team committed to conducting utilization-focused evaluations tailored to the needs of our clients and will work with PDA leadership as we move internal DEI efforts forward.
This is a new position that requires a forward thinker who can work collaboratively with staff and company leadership. We’re looking for candidates with experience implementing evaluations and initiatives that improve diversity, equity, and inclusion. Because it’s essential to have a variety of identities and voices contributing to our work, we welcome people of color, LGB+ individuals, people with disabilities, and members of ethnic minorities to apply.
This is a hybrid position that will divide time between leading and supporting evaluation projects and supporting our internal DEI efforts. Contributing to our evaluation project work is necessary to best understand the environments we work in and the challenges we face. This will provide the grounding and context needed to effectively move DEI initiatives forward.
Evaluation Specific Responsibilities – 50%
- Design, implement, and oversee evaluations from beginning through project closure
- Use strong and versatile writing and analytical skills to write proposals, reports, and manuscripts
- Create, adapt, and evaluate data collection tools and protocols for equity and inclusivity
- Monitor and coordinate data collection, conduct interviews, and make occasional site visits
- Lead meetings and present findings to clients
Equity Specific Responsibilities – 50%
Internal DEI Strategy
- Work closely with the PDA leadership team to support a multi-component equity strategy (you will not be tasked with single-handedly creating and executing a strategy, rather you will work side-by-side with PDA leadership)
- Participate in company-wide decision making on DEI efforts
- Help create shared definitions, understandings, and language all staff can use internally and when addressing equity with clients and other external groups
- Support staff in advancing their understanding of DEI and build capacity to apply it in their work
Project DEI Work
- Advise project managers on advancing DEI goals with clients, including designing and implementing evaluations that center equity
- Work with project teams to identify and incorporate DEI goals, benchmarks, and success measures in evaluation plans, processes, products, and communications with clients
- Support the development of project management processes that embed DEI into every project
- An advanced degree with at least 4 years of program evaluation, research, or community-based DEI experience, or bachelor’s degree with commensurate years of experience
- Experience creating and implementing DEI goals, preferably in large, multi-component, multi-year evaluations of programs, but any experience advancing organizational DEI goals will be considered
- Experience designing and leading evaluations or research that incorporate equity, inclusion, diversity, and belonging
- Demonstrated understanding of DEI concepts, including self-awareness in terms of your own culture, biases, identity, power, prejudices, and privilege
- Experience reporting on qualitative and quantitative data, as well as mixed methods approaches
- Ability to write in a concise and clear matter for a variety of audiences
- Interpersonal and facilitation skills, specifically client and team management skills
- A commitment to racial and social justice
- Must be willing to live within or nearby the Twin Cities, Minnesota
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, PDA offers fair salaries that align with each individual’s skills and experience. The starting salary for this position is $78,000.
Founded in 1984 and headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, Professional Data Analysts (PDA) is a Certified B Corporation with over 40 employees nationwide whose mission is to create positive social impact by providing tailored data-centric solutions that move public health initiatives forward. We have a flexible work environment and a dog-friendly office. PDA also has a strong commitment to improving our community and minimizing our environmental impact. PDA is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every individual has the resources and opportunities they need to grow, thrive, and succeed. We are dedicated to adding more diverse voices to our growing team and providing professional development opportunities, internships, and recruitment practices that are focused on the BIPOC community.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to Kelly Laurel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Because it’s essential to have a variety of identities and voices contributing to our work, we welcome people of color, LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities, and members of ethnic minorities to apply. In order to promote equity and ensure a fair application process, we’re upfront about what we’re looking for. Check out our application criteria.
Post date: December 2022
It is the policy of Professional Data Analysts to ensure equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable federal regulations and guidelines. Employment discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age (40 years old or more), military status, or veteran status is illegal. It is the policy of Professional Data Analysts to prohibit employment discrimination under any consideration prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law or any other factor determined to be an unlawful basis for such decisions by federal, state, or local statutes.
Our dedicated and talented team is united by our common desire to improve communities.
Associate Evaluator II
President & CEO
Director of Evaluation
Senior Health Communications Researcher I