Are you a driven, conscientious, experienced evaluator looking to continue or expand your work in evaluating public health initiatives? This is your opportunity to make a difference! Work for an independent evaluation consulting company with exceptional benefits and competitive compensation. Our office is located near downtown Minneapolis and offers scenic views of the Mississippi River. Enjoy the vibrant art and theater scene, abundant parks and lakes, shopping, concerts, and so much more!
This senior level position would take on Principal Investigator and Project Management responsibilities on evaluation and research projects in tobacco control, obesity prevention, healthy eating, chronic disease, systems change, health disparities, and other public health topics. You would join a team committed to conducting utilization-focused evaluations tailored to the needs of our clients.
In this role you will effectively apply research and evaluation concepts in a meaningful way using quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods approaches. You will identify the resources needed for a project and manage a team to produce results that are useful and accurate.
- Design, implement, and oversee evaluations through project closure
- Use strong and versatile writing and analytical skills to write proposals, reports, and manuscripts
- Create or adapt data collection tools and protocols
- Monitor and coordinate data collection, conduct interviews, and do site visits
- Run meetings and present findings to clients
- Supervise and manage staff
- Some travel, as needed, to conduct site visits, collect data for out-of-state clients, or to present at conferences
- Master’s degree with at least 4 years of program evaluation or research experience (PhD preferred)
- Experience designing and leading evaluations or research projects
- Experience reporting on qualitative and quantitative data, as well as mixed methods approaches
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including writing in a concise and clear manner for a variety of audiences
- Interpersonal and facilitation skills, specifically client and team management skills
- Excellent project management skills, particularly the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize competing demands
- Must be willing to live within or nearby the Twin Cities, Minnesota.
Founded in 1984, Professional Data Analysts, Inc. (PDA) is an independent evaluation consulting company with over 25 employees that works primarily with departments of health in states across the country to evaluate public health programs. PDA offers a collaborative work environment that fosters professional growth and supports staff participation across the different stages of evaluation, such as planning, data collection, data analysis, and reporting of results, both written and orally. PDA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We offer a competitive compensation package, including benefits like paid parental leave and disability insurance. We have a flexible work environment and dog-friendly office. PDA also has a strong commitment to sustainability and operates according to a triple bottom line.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted date: December 2018
Our dedicated and talented team is united by our common desire to improve communities.
Director of Evaluation
Senior Evaluator II
Senior Evaluator I