Are you an experienced Statistician or Analyst with an interest in public health? Do you crave variety in your work and opportunities to make an impact? We are seeking a Senior Statistical Analyst to support our evaluation and research projects. You’ll work with a team of analysts, statisticians, and evaluators on projects in tobacco control, chronic disease, and behavioral health. You’ll use your skills in quantitative data analysis and data management to contribute to high-quality deliverables (e.g. evaluation reports, presentations, and peer-reviewed manuscripts). In this position, you’ll spend approximately 75% of your time on program evaluation projects and 25% on research projects.
This is a full-time position (32 to 40 hours per week) with benefits. We are accepting applications from out-of-state candidates who wish to work remotely, as well as Twin Cities-based candidates who will have the option to work in our Minneapolis office or work remotely. Remote candidates would be expected to travel to our office at least once a year.
- Conduct data cleaning and monitoring using SAS/SQL.
- Evaluate the quality of data from clients/vendors and effectively communicate issues and data limitations.
- Maintain documentation including codebooks, processes, data anomalies, and coding decisions.
- Produce annotated results that are easy to interpret and appropriate for the audience.
- Write methods and results sections of reports and manuscripts.
- Produce quality data visualizations to support findings (e.g. charts, figures, tables).
- Present results directly to internal and external teams.
- Conduct moderately complex quantitative analysis in SAS to support evaluation studies and research projects (e.g. regression modeling, weighted analyses).
- Write and review analysis plans and lead analysis for small to moderate-sized evaluation and stats projects in collaboration with evaluators and other analysts.
- Make recommendations for analysis and study design.
- Research best practices for statistical analysis and data management.
- Document analysis methods and results, including data visualizations (e.g. charts, figures, tables).
- Communicate analysis results to various audiences, with varying levels of statistical knowledge.
- Manage and communicate timelines and quality concerns to the project manager.
- Prioritize tasks within and across multiple projects.
- Create project estimates and budgets in collaboration with other staff.
- Organize and lead meetings with stats clients for small and moderate-size studies.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in an analytic field with coursework in statistics
- 6+ years of relevant work experience
- Experienced statistical programmer, proficient in SAS or R (the application process will include a short assessment on programming experience)
- Demonstrated experience planning and conducting statistical analysis (descriptive, regression modeling, etc.)
- Data management experience
- Experience interpreting analysis and effectively communicating results
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, PDA offers fair salaries that align with each individual’s skills and experience. The salary range for the Senior Statistical Analyst position is $75,000 through $110,000. Candidates at the higher end of the range would be expected to have leadership experience.
Founded in 1984, Professional Data Analysts (PDA) is a Certified B Corporation with over 40 employees whose mission is to create positive social impact by providing tailored data-centric solutions that move public health initiatives forward. We offer a competitive compensation package, including benefits like paid parental leave and disability insurance. We have a flexible work environment and a dog-friendly office. PDA also has a strong commitment to improving our community and minimizing our environmental impact. PDA is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every individual has the resources and opportunities they need to grow, thrive, and succeed. We are dedicated to adding more diverse voices to our growing team and providing professional development opportunities, internships, and recruitment practices that are focused on the BIPOC community.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to Kelly Laurel at email@example.com. Because it’s essential to have a variety of identities and voices contributing to our work, we welcome people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, and members of ethnic minorities to apply. In order to promote equity and ensure a fair application process, we’re upfront about what we’re looking for. Check out our application criteria.
Posted date: May 2023
It is the policy of Professional Data Analysts to ensure equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable federal regulations and guidelines. Employment discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age (40 years old or more), military status, or veteran status is illegal. It is the policy of Professional Data Analysts to prohibit employment discrimination under any consideration prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law or any other factor determined to be an unlawful basis for such decisions by federal, state, or local statutes.
Our dedicated and talented team is united by our common desire to improve communities.
Senior Statistician I
Associate Analyst II
Associate Analyst I